My friend, Bryan, posted this link on his Facebook page this morning. I love it! Making people (strangers, acquaintances, best friends, WHOEVER!) smile should be something we strive for every day. And like I always say, it doesn't take massive amounts of effort. The simplest things can make a big difference.
These are some of my favorites on the list:
10. Send flowers to someone anonymously.
11. Be a courteous driver. Let people merge in front of you.
17. Send letters of appreciation to business owners/managers and other people who support you.
35. Wave to a kid in the car next to you.
48. Stop and buy a drink from a kid’s lemonade stand.
57. Say “Please” and “Thank you.”
69. Acknowledge people for a job well done.
82. If you see a couple taking a self-pic, offer to take the picture for them.
86. Make yourself available and approachable.
Which ones resonate with you? Number 35 reminds me of when I was a kid and how exciting it was when you'd wave at other cars and someone would finally wave back at you. Anything you'd add to the list? I think I'd add "Ask someone who looks lost or is looking at a map if they need directions."